Summer Alternative Housing, Employee Housing, Renaissance Scholars


Alternative Housing
UCSC students, not enrolled in Summer Session, who have an academic need to be on campus during the summer. Requires verification by academic sponsor.

Employee Housing
UCSC students, not enrolled in Summer Session, and working a minimum of 15 hours per week for any campus unit during the summer. Requires verification by employer.

Renaissance Scholars
UCSC students affiliated with the Renaissance Scholars Program are eligible for summer housing on campus. Requires verification by Renaissance Scholars Program.


The Porter College apartments offer a combination of single and double bedrooms, with a shared living room, kitchen, dining room, and bathroom. No meal plan required.

Housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis from Tuesday, June 15 to Thursday, September 9, 2021.

Students with a space in university housing for fall 2021 will be eligible to relocate to their fall housing assignment at the conclusion of the summer housing contract. Additional early arrival fees will be assessed.


Apartment single room: $34.50/night (per person)

Apartment double room: $30.35/night (per person)

Charges billed to student’s university account.

Some or all instruction for all or part of the Academic Year may be delivered remotely. Tuition and fees have been set regardless of the method of instruction and will not be refunded in the event instruction occurs remotely for any part of the Academic Year. Figures for tuition and fees represent currently approved or proposed amounts and may not be final. Actual tuition and fees are subject to change by the University of California as determined to be necessary or appropriate. Final approved tuition and fee levels may differ from the amounts presented.

Cancellation Process:

  • Prior to taking residence, if your plans change and you are unable to live in university housing, you must login to and cancel your application/contract.
  • After taking residence, requests for housing contract cancellation must be initiated through The housing office at your residential community will contact you regarding your request. Moving out or turning in keys without official approval will not release you from your contractual obligation, and you will continue to be billed accordingly.

Contact Information: