Information on COVID-19 and student housing


COVID Vaccination & Booster

The University of California Office of the President issued a policy that makes COVID-19 vaccinations mandatory for all students, faculty, and staff accessing facilities at any UC campus. In addition, students who are eligible for a booster must receive their booster within 30 days of becoming eligible. The UCSC Student Health Center has information about uploading proof of vaccination to Health e-Messenger and more details. 

COVID-19 Testing

The UCSC COVID Testing Protocol has more information about booster eligibility and testing requirements.

To schedule an appointment or find out more information about COVID-19 testing options, hours, and locations visit the Student Health Center website at

If you are exhibiting symptoms, do not go to the campus testing locations; instead contact your health care provider, the Student Health Center at (831) 459-2500, or 911 for an emergency. More information from the Student Health Center »

Daily Symptom Screening

The daily symptom screening survey is no longer required for students, unless they are student employees.

Student employees should continue to complete the employee COVID-19 symptom check questionnaire prior to reporting for work.

Guests should complete the Visitor symptom screening.

Flu Vaccination

Flu vaccine is required for all students, faculty, and staff who will be on site at UC facilities. See the UCSC Health Center website for more information.

COVID-19 Training

All students living on campus will be automatically enrolled in and required to complete a COVID awareness and best-practices training - Staying Healthy in a Changing Environment for Students on Campus. Students will receive notification via email to their UCSC account about the training.

Keeping Yourself and Others Well

We know that in this time of COVID-19, physical distancing, wearing face coverings, and frequent handwashing are critical to limiting the spread of infection. Our intention is to provide a positive on-campus experience while abiding by county, state, and campus public health practices and protocols, including asking all residents to agree to:

  • Comply with university, local, state, and national public health directives.
  • Participate in all required pre-arrival protocols, vaccination requirements, symptom check protocols, and testing protocols as instituted by the university.
  • Use caution when congregating, gathering, or hanging out in indoor common spaces.
  • Effective April 10, indoor masking is no longer required at UCSC, except on Campus Transit vehicles, METRO buses, and in clinical settings, such as the Student Helath Center and COVID testing locations. Masking remains strongly recommended in all indoor campus settings.
  • Wash hands frequently and avoid touching your face.

Protecting our community of Banana Slugs by following these guidelines is a great way to support our Principles of Community.

We will continue to monitor and implement recommendations and guidelines from the appropriate authorities.

Stay Slug Strong!



You can find additional information on the following sites:

UCSC Slug Strong


Student Health Center COVID-19 Information