The UCSC Camper Park offers students a unique housing option. The Camper Park is located on campus near the north remote parking lot and remains open during all academic breaks and during the summer. The park includes community buildings with restrooms, showers and laundry facilities; a community lounge with TV, computers and room to relax or study; and live-in student staff.
- Restricted to current, regularly enrolled full-time UCSC students.
- Full time enrollment status must be maintained during the academic year, and throughout a student's residency.
- Summer session enrollment is not required for students who are registered for Fall quarter.
Residents of the Camper Park provide their own residence vehicles. These must be commercially manufactured units intended for use as a residence. Trailers and motorhomes are eligible if they meet all university requirements. All residential vehicles must be fully operational and must be currently registered with the California Department of Motor Vehicles. No tents, truck mounted campers, tent trailers, vans or automobiles are permitted. All vehicles must pass a comprehensive inspection before being moved to the Camper Park and are regularly inspected thereafter. Inspections take place on campus after a student has been assigned a space. No pre-purchase inspections are available. Maximum vehicle length is 28 feet, including the hitch and any attachments. No exceptions are made. Some spaces will only accommodate smaller vehicles. All residence vehicles must include:
- Cooking facilities
- 110 volt grounded AC electrical system
- Adequate lighting and heating
- Fire extinguisher, smoke detector, carbon monoxide detector and propane leak detector
- Sink with running water
Catherine L. Green
Questions? Call (831) 459-4388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.