It is Never Too Early to Prepare for Move-out
Don’t want to take that extra box of stuff home when you move out in June? Donate it instead.
- Take it home early - use long weekends to take items home
- Swap with friends
- Recycle it right - if you recycle early you can get it done before the bins overflow during finals week
- Donate unwanted but usable items: look for the pop up donation stations at or near your college during finals week
- Acceptable items include: clothes, household items, small furniture, unopened food, working and labeled electronics, and unopened toiletries.
- Unacceptable items: torn or dirty items, mirrors or anything glass, anything from the refrigerator or freezer, cleaning products, bed pillows.
- Take the rest home - don't leave your personal items behind
- For a slightly longer list of tips, check out: 10 Tips for a Smooth Move Out
- Learn more about how your donations are used, who benefits, and UCSC's Zero Waste goals here
Donation stations will be available from June 8th through the end of finals week (June 16th).
Friday, June 16, 2017: Residences close 12 noon, dining service ends with brunch (Note: Students may be asked to move out on an earlier date if all spring quarter finals are completed.)
Students who have a valid need to remain in residence the weekend following finals may request a contract extension through Student Housing Online. Whether you're participating in commencement activities, working on-campus, or waiting to catch your international/out-of-state flight, you'll need to submit an extension request to stay in residence after the quarter ends. Requests are subject to the review and approval of the student’s college/residential facility.
If you are a UC Santa Cruz off campus resident you can still be involved and recycle with The City of Santa Cruz.