University Town Center
The University Town Center (UTC), located at 1101 Pacific Avenue (on the corner of Pacific and Cathcart streets) in downtown Santa Cruz, houses students amidst all that downtown has to offer, including cafés, restaurants, shops, museum, movie theaters, library and more! Continuing, transfer, and re-entry students are eligible to live here.
- Double and triple occupancy studio apartments with private bathrooms and kitchenettes
- Rate includes internet, cable, and utilities
- The UTC is a smoke free facility in all indoor areas, including students' rooms
The fourth floor lounge features a large-screen TV, as well as a full kitchen, with oven and dishwasher for community events. A fifth floor lounge includes two study areas.
- Laundry room with card-operated washers and dryers
- A live-in Coordinator for Residential Education and student staff plan activities and assist residents.
- The UTC is less than 200 yards from the Santa Cruz Metro, and University route Metro buses serve the campus every five to eight minutes on academic days.
- UTC residents are allowed to keep their bikes in their rooms. Bike lockers are available from the city for a nominal fee.
- Parking for UTC residents in downtown Santa Cruz is limited and can be expensive.
Staff and Programming
Coordinator for Residential Education
Catherine L. Green
Terms and Conditions
Housing contracts are for the full academic year. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the University Town Center contract.