Give us your feed back - Housing Comment Card
Logo Housing home page UCSC home page
Triple Room Video Tour

Want to See My Triple Room?

Watch my video
more »

Restorative Justice Program
Restorative Justice Program

Have you experienced harm or conflict? We’re here to help!
more »

UC Santa Cruz among greenest universities in Sierra Club ranking

UC Santa Cruz among greenest universities in Sierra Club ranking

UCSC is one of the 20 greenest colleges
more »

Community Safety Program

Community Safety Officers (CSOs) work in conjunction with the UC Police, UC Fire and the administration of university residential communities (both on- and off-campus) to ensure a safe and secure living environment for all residents.

CSOs are trained in emergency response, first aid, CPR, and disaster response, and they carry radios linked to University Police Dispatch. Teamwork is a highly valued skill in our program and our CSOs work in teams to provide consistent service across campus and in all residential communities.

Safety and Security Services
CSOs offer a wide variety of services to the residential communities including:

CSOs are visible in the communities at night from 7pm to 3am and can be approached for assistance or you can call (831) 459-2100.

University Police Department
For any assistance regarding police patrols, non-emergency police assistance or to report a crime on campus, you can contact the University Police Department at (831) 459-2231.

University Fire Department
For assistance relating to fire safety, CRP/first aid training, extinguisher training, Community Emergency Response Training (CERT), or for non-emergency fire assistance on campus, you can contact the University Fire Department at (831) 459-3473.

Environmental Health and Safety
For issues relating to ergonomics, safety training, OSHA questions, hazardous material (Haz-Mat) concerns, or assistance with general safety issues on campus, you can contact the Environmental Health and Safety Department at (831) 459-2553.

Maintenance Issues
For assistance with any non-urgent maintenance concern relating to a residential area or building, please file a Fix-It Ticket. For non-urgent concerns relating to an academic or office building, please contact Physical Plant at (831) 459-4444.

Any comments, questions or concerns are welcome. Please use one of these forms to communicate with us.

Community Safety and Disaster Preparedness Programs
Phone: 831-459-4692