Give us your feed back - Housing Comment Card
Logo Housing home page UCSC home page

Welcome! UCSC Newly admitted Students
Welcome UCSC’s Newly Admitted Students!

Find out how to choose your college more »

Continuing Student Priority Housing Application Period
Continuing Student Priority Housing Application Period

April 16-23, 2018
more »

Enjoy this guided tour of a triple room.

Plan Your Off-Campus Housing Search

more »

Summer Session housing

Summer Session Housing

Summer Session students live in the College Nine residence halls and enjoy the opportunity to meet and interact with other college students from UC Santa Cruz and other campuses, cities, states, and countries.

The residence halls, which primarily include triples (standard triples and large triples) and a limited number of single rooms, have shared bathroom facilities. Additional amenities include internet access, cable television, computer/technical support, and laundry facilities.

Each student receives an allocation of dining Slug Points based on the length of residency. Slug Points is a declining balance plan accepted at any open UC Santa Cruz Dining Hall and at PERK Coffee Bars. You choose how many points to spend at any time – purchase a meal, a snack, or just a cup of coffee. Each Slug Point has a dining value of $1 and the amount spent is simply deducted from the dining plan on your student ID card.


Loading content


Room rates for Summer Session are discounted by 50% from the preceding academic year (rates shown are the discounted rates). Comparison based on academic year quarterly rates and 10-week Summer Session rates.

Meal Prices (must use Slug Points to receive this price)
Breakfast $7.00
Lunch $8.00
Dinner $9.00


Apply for Summer Session Housing

The Summer Session Housing Application/Contract is available through Student Housing Online ( beginning May 1. Priority will be given to students who submit a housing application before May 31.

Transitional Housing

UCSC students who live on-campus and need continuous housing between the academic year and summer session (spring-summer transition and/or summer-fall transition) can apply for transitional housing through Student Housing Online (

Loading content


Billing and Payment

Once assigned to housing, room and board charges will be posted to your university billing account and an electronic billing statement will be generated. You can view your billing statement and account activity online through the Student Portal (

Financial Aid: Any housing/dining balance not covered by financial aid awards is the responsibility of the student. Financial Aid recipients are advised to:

  1. Review and ensure all financial aid eligibility requirements have been met (
  2. Review a summary of financial aid award(s) with an adviser in the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office