The Village, Camper Park and University Town Center RA Selection 2017-18
What is an RA?
RAs (Residential Assistants) are student leaders who live in the communities they serve. RAs are the front line responders for most resident needs, and an RA's average day may change radically depending on what time of year it is, what challenges a given community is facing, or what type of students live in a given community. RAs may be assigned to work in the residential area they live in, and would report to the supervising Coordinator for Residential Education (CRE) for their community. Kristen Weaver supervises the Village and Camper Park, and Ryan Macleod supervises the University Town Center. Feel free to email Kristen or Ryan if you have any specific questions.
Applicant Check List:
- Attend one MANDATORY Information Session (see below):
- Apply online at the Career Center website (Village ER #3570; Camper Park ER #8118; UTC ER #4630)
- Complete and submit the Supplemental Application. Important: Supplemental application includes a personal statement.
- Email your résumé to Kristen Weaver (CRE for the Village & Camper Park) firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
- Two Recommendation Forms need to be complete by the deadline.
- Returning RA applicants: As part of the interview time, you will be asked to prepare a 10-minute presentation on an educational program based on the current programming model. You should provide a copy of the outline you will use and the flyer you would use to promote this event.
We will provide a detailed description of the RA position, the dynamics of being part of the residential staff, an overview of the selection process, and answer any of your questions.
IIndividual Interviews: Participants will be selected for an individual interview based upon the application, overall qualifications, and eligibility requirements. Applicants selected for an individual interview will be notified via email by February 17th, 2017.
Selection Process Timeline:
|Mandatory Info Sessions (if you cannot attend a session, you must schedule a meeting with the supervising CRE)||
Tuesday, Jan 24rd, 7 p.m. @ The Village
|Application Period||Wednesday, January 25th - Friday, February 13th, 2017|
|Deadline to submit all application materials||February 13th, 2017 at 9:00 am|
|Notification of Applicant Status||February 17th, 2017|
|Finalists to Schedule Interviews||Wednesday, February 17th - Tuesday, February 21st, 2017|
|Interviews Held||Wednesday, Feb 22rd - Friday, March 3rd, 2017|
|Decision Notifications and Acceptance Letters Sent||Friday, March 10th, 2017|
|Acceptance Letters Due and Hires Confirmed||Friday, March 17th, 2017|
The application deadline is Friday, February 13, 2017
- The online Career Center application should be completed on or before the deadline date (Village ER #3570; Camper Park ER #8118; UTC ER #4630
- Supplemental application, resume and recommendation forms are due by 9:00 am on February 13th
- Late applications will not be considered
Have two References submit Recommendation Forms (these should be completed by individuals who know you well and can address your qualifications for the job/jobs.) completed by the February 13th, deadline. This could include work or volunteer supervisors, coach, instructor, current RA etc.) Relatives, roommates, or friends are not considered appropriate references.
Apply at the Career Center
Apply online at the Career Center website for the appropriate job number:
- Village ER #3570
- Camper Park ER #8118
- UTC ER #4630