Rosa Parks African American Theme House (R.PAATH)
Rosa Parks African American Theme House (R.PAATH) is a student-initiated themed living option for all students whose interests span historical, present-day, and future experiences of predominately Black/African American peoples.
R.PAATH fosters Cultural Competency/Cultural Intelligence and ally development through organizing, living, studying, and socializing with peers passionate about political, cultural, popular, social and economic issues of the African Diaspora. R.PAATH is located at Stevenson College.
- R.PAATH is designed to intentionally create space for students to feel connected, safe and supported in a community centered on the experiences of Black/African American peoples. This is a primary focal point for the staff supporting R.PAATH.
- Educational seminars, programs, dialogues, and speaker series are structured to encourage solidarity and unity among students from all cultural backgrounds.
Did you know...
- Ethnic residential theme houses benefit both minority and majority students
- Ethnic residential theme houses contribute to increased satisfaction of those students involved
- Special campus services designed to support minority students, including racial and ethnic theme houses, positively contribute to minority student retention
Find out more at Diversity Web