It is the intent of UC Santa Cruz Dining to allow access to authorized campus groups, departments and student organizations that would like to share information with our meal plan holders.
We also recognize the need for our customers to have a place where they can gather in a relaxed atmosphere to eat their meals and share social space with friends.
- We limit tabling in our dining hall space to a maximum of one group at a time, with PRIOR approval. Tabling areas are clearly defined and approaching our guests while they are in line waiting for food or seated at tables is prohibited.
- Information sharing/outreach to our students should be strictly voluntary on the part of our guests. They should always have a choice not to be engaged. If you are conducting a survey, you must wait until our guests approach your table before engaging with them.
- To schedule and conduct tabling events inside the dining halls, you must first apply by filling out this form. Only authorized campus groups, departments and student organizations will be approved. Please allow up to one week for review. Once approved, you will receive a welcome email with a link to our members-only online scheduler.
- Members of the UCSC Dining Tabling program are expected to abide by common courtesies: schedule only the time that you need (and not more), and, if canceling or rescheduling, do so at least 24hrs in advance.
- By using our online scheduler, you will receive a confirmation and reminder email each time you schedule a tabling reservation. Unit Managers will be notified that you have received permission on the given date and time for the location(s) you are requesting.
- NOTE: Tabling requests at the Porter/Kresge Dining Hall are managed by Porter Activities Office.
- Remember, those who conduct the tabling are not authorized to eat in the hall, nor do they have access to beverages, unless they are a UC Santa Cruz Dining meal plan holder or pay the cash price in advance to our cashier.
- If your table is blocking the entrance/exit or customer service areas you will be asked to relocate. Refusal to do this will result in termination of approved tabling.