Table Tents Policy
The table tents in UCSC dining halls are a good way to share information with our students. UC Santa Cruz Dining is sensitive to the waste in creating paper copies and has developed a practical system for reserving space on our table top sign holders.
At left is an example of a CLEAR and EFFECTIVE table tent. Keep your layout simple and your message short, sweet, and to the point. Use the template provided here when creating your table tents.this form. Once your form is received, you will be sent an approval notification. NOTE: Submitting your request does not guarantee table tent advertising space.
- Can any organization, business or department advertise events or information?
- What size do I need to make my insert?
- Where can I have my table tents printed?
- How do I apply to use this space?
- Where do I send them when I have them ready?
- Who determines the priority of placement for space?
- Why do I have to reserve space?
- How long can my insert remain in the table tent?
- How many do I need to produce?
- What if I am from the college programming office and just want to place inserts at my specific dining hall?
1. Can any organization, business or department advertise events or information?
No, only authorized campus groups, departments and student organizations are given permission to place inserts in the table tents.
2. What size do I need to make my insert?
Table tents must be 4 inches wide by 6 inches tall. Make sure that your information is clear and font sizes are large enough to be easily read from across the table. Remember, keep your information straightforward and to the point. Print table tent on ONE-SIDE only. Use the template provided when creating your table tents (available at the top of this web page)
3.Where can I have my table tents printed?
Table tents can be easily printed at the UCSC Copy Center in color, or in black and white on a variety of color papers. Just save your table tent as a PDF and email it with printing instructions to email@example.com. The copy center will quote you the price for printing and cutting (delivery is no charge).The Copy Center can print and cut them for you and send them directly to Dining Services. Please be sure to indicate that the order is for Dining table tents and when Dining needs to receive the order by.
4. How do I apply to use this space?
Fill out this form to reserve your space. It may take one to two working days to respond so please schedule your insert dates accordingly.
5. Where do I send them when I have them ready?
After approval of your date, send your inserts via campus mail to: Dining Marketing Coordinator, 104 Hahn Student Services, or drop them off at 104 Hahn Student Services - Attn: Dining Marketing Coordinator. Inserts must be received at our Hahn office location no later than the Tuesday prior to the week you have reserved - NO EXCEPTIONS. Reservation will be forfeited if inserts arrive after this deadline date.
NOTE: Plan your delivery accordingly as the campus mail schedules have changed; we have no accommodations in place for individual dining hall drop off.
6. Who determines the priority of placement for space?
The acrylic table tents are the property of UC Santa Cruz Dining. The coordinator maintains a master reservation calendar. The dates are approved on a first come first reserved basis with priority to dated dining/housing information. College programming is given the next priority.
7. Why do I have to reserve space?
This enables us to share the space with everyone and control the practice of “covering up” another groups insert, which is frustrating to everyone! Especially to the group who took the time to reserve space, produce the insert and then find out no one had the chance to see it.
- Cowell/Stevenson Dining Hall - 60 inserts
- Crown/Merrill Dining Hall - 60 inserts
- College Eight/Oakes Dining Hall - 80 inserts
- Colleges Nine/Ten Dining Hall - 80 inserts
- Porter/Kresge Dining Hall - 50 inserts
10. What if I am from the college programming office and just want to place inserts at my specific dining hall?
Please, contact the coordinator so we can make certain that the space has not been promised to another organization or department. Once approved, take them to the dining hall manager. Our coordinator will notify them of your approved reservation. The dining hall manger will have a dining room monitor place them for you. (This also serves to control outdated, old information)
Just a few reminders:
Space is generally reserved/full three weeks out. Especially at the beginning and end of each quarter.
Qualified group promotions or events are allowed as long as the content and graphics are not offensive, or referencing alcohol or drugs. Dining Hall managers have the right to refuse any inserts not meeting these guidelines.