Forms and Resources - Rental Laws and Agreements
Forms and Resources for:
Looking for Housing
Forms and Resources for:
Moving In, Living In, and Moving Out
Rental Agreements and Disclosures
- Month-to-Month Rental Agreement
- Contract Addendum - SC Loud and Unruly Gatherings Ordinance
- Water Conservation Regulation Disclosure
- Room Rental Agreement
- Housemate Agreement
- Sub-Lease Agreement
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure - Required disclosure for properties built prior to 1978
- Protect Your Family From Lead in Your Home booklet – Required if pre-1978
- Megan's Law - Required disclosure for all rentals
- 30-Day Notice of Intent to Vacate (Tenant)
- 30-Day Notice to Vacate (Landlord)
- 60-Day Notice to Vacate (Landlord)
- Request for Joint Pre-Move Out Inspection
- Notice of Right to Pre-Move Out Inspection – Required notice for all rentals
- Statement of Condition on Joint Pre-Move Out Inspection
- Customize a Security Deposit Demand Letter
- Tenant Advising FAQs
- California Tenants Handbook
A Guide to Residential Tenants' and Landlords' Rights and Responsibilities created by The State of California Department of Consumer Affairs
- Santa Cruz District Attorney’s Office
Federal, State and Local Laws
- Fair Housing By the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- Fair Housing is Everyone's Right Q&A
- Legislative Updates 2013
- Legislative Updates 2014
- Legislative Updates 2015
- California Civil Codes To search actual California Legislative Information, input code CIV in dropdown box, then input section number referenced below
- Security Deposits "1950.5"
- Repairs and Landlord's General Obligations "1941, 1942"
- A Tenant's Right to Privacy "1954"
- Rights that cannot be waived “1953”
- Security deposit
- Locks/Security Devices on Doors "1941.3"
- Telephone Jacks and Wiring "1941.4"
- Application Fee Limits "1950.6"
- Landlord's Responsibility to Provide a Copy of Rental Agreement "1962"
- Shared Utilities "1940.9"
- 60-day Notice to increase rent (over 10%) "827"
- Notice to Vacate "1946, 1946.1"
- 30-Day -Tenancy under 1 year
- 60-Day -Tenancy 1 year or more
- Health and Safety Code Input code HSC in dropdown box, then input section number referenced below
- Smoke Alarms "13113.7 and 13114"
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention"13260"
- Location and Power Sources for Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms
- Code of Civil Procedure Input code CCP and input section number referenced below:
- Santa Cruz Municipal Codes Use key number(s) referenced below:
- Title 9.36.010 Noise Curfew - Offensive Noise
- Title 9.36.020 Unreasonably Disturbing Noises
- Title 9.37 Loud and Unruly Gatherings
- Title 9.40 Sound Amplifiers
- Title 21.02 Interest on Security Deposit
- Title 21.03 Relocation Assistance for Displaced Tenants