A three-year renovation project for the Crown College residence halls to begin summer 2017 more»
Science, Technology, and Society
Crown College’s theme, Science, Technology, and Society, explores the relationship of science and technology with the world around us, including both the positive and negative impacts of technology on our environment and social institutions.
Crown’s core course, Ethical Issues in Emerging Technologies, presents several rapidly growing technologies, shows where those technologies are taking us, and provides reasoning skills to help evaluate the consequences to individuals and societies. Students focus on developing strategies that can guide them in making public policy decisions and personal decisions concerning these technologies. The course typically includes units on ethical issues arising from biotechnology, information technology, and artificial intelligence.
Educational Enrichment and Extracurricular Opportunities
- Undergraduate Research Fellowships introduce juniors and seniors to research at the university and encourage student-faculty interaction.
- Students engage in educational, cultural, and social activities sponsored by the Student Life staff: College Nights, movie and game nights, arts and crafts, field trips, and guest presenters.
- The Science Learning Community, First-Year Honors Program, Outdoor Pursuits, and Gaming residential programs encourage students to interact with faculty, staff, and peers.
- At Science/Public Affairs Tables, faculty engage with students over dinner to discuss their research and current events.
- Leadership opportunities abound at Crown. Students can join Crown Student Senate, volunteer to be an Orientation Leader, work in a variety of jobs, or simply take one of our Leadership classes. Crown offers students the opportunity to capitalize on their experiences and earn a Leadership Development Certificate during their time here.
Housing and Dining
- Students live in eight residence hall buildings.
- Eight apartment buildings are available to continuing students.
- Housing Themes and Options at Crown College
- A dining hall facility and cafe/coffee shop are located at the college.